GBC Care & Repair
Our Business Development Manager Chris met with the Mayor of Guildford recently as part of the ‘Care & Repair’ scheme. Kendall’s are supporting Guildford Borough Council with a Transit Van for their handy person who helps people throughout the Guildford Borough.
Guildford and Waverley Care and Repair is a Home Improvement Agency based in Guildford Borough Council’s offices.
We aim to help older people and people with disabilities who are either home owners or who privately rent accommodation in to live safely, securely and comfortably in their homes.
Whatever repairs or improvements your home needs to make it more comfortable or easier to live in, the friendly Care and Repair team will help you find the most suitable solution, and where appropriate act on your behalf.
We will visit your home and offer free advice on practical solutions to the following:
- Income maximisation – income support, attendance allowance.
- Security measures – door chains, door locks, window locks.
- Safety measures – comprehensive home check for accident prevention, smoke detectors, grab rails.
- Energy efficiency – energy saving light bulbs, insulation, draught proofing
- Adaptations – lifts (stair, vertical and bath lifts), wheelchair ramps, ground floor extensions.
- Repairs and improvements – re-wiring, plumbing, roof repairs, gutters and downpipes, re-roofing, damp treatment, repairs to and new windows, central heating.